Re: gEDA-user: Feh.

On Feb 28, 2005, at 11:33 PM, Marvin Dickens wrote:
   Marvin, I'm sorry if you took what I said as troll bait, it was not
intended as such.

A missunderstanding on my part. I apologize.

I apologize as well; I can certainly see how my comment would have been taken that way.

And I also apologize in advance for the rancid tone of the message that you'll probably see just before this one. I am very angry about all of this. Very angry.

   The attitude that "all the world's a Linux box" the biggest reason
why a lot of today's free software is going into the crapper.  If PCB
goes that way as well, it will be a damn shame.

What system would you like to see PCB run on? Also, are you thinking
that many users on other platforms will get lost in dependency hell (Which
is absolutely possible)?

Personally, I would like to see it run against a bog-standard X server.

I don't even mind if it requires the latest GTK+ and the latest Pango...I can deal with that, and so can most people. Most people who shell out the money for big multiprocessor Sun systems can handle building some software, or can find someone who can. The problem is requiring nonstandard X extensions.

Blargh. I'm sorry for coming across with such attitude. I've probably made an enemy in you and for that I am truly and deeply sorry. As I stated above, I am very angry about this, as I don't want to lose PCB! I use it for my work, both personally and commercially, and losing it would have a significant negative impact on my life in general.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "I've watched Harley people throw up
Cape Coral, FL                      on the ceiling."    -Krissi