Re: gEDA-user: PCB footprint mapping

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 07:32:50PM +0100, kmk wrote:
> Phil Taylor wrote:
> > Karel Kulhavy <clock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>I suggest also "Finally, a special-purpose website has been created to
> >>distribute gEDA symbols and footprints: http://www.gedasymbols.org/, but
> >>it currently needs donations." to be deleted from
> >>http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:pcb_tips
> >
> > uhh, why not find out what's happening with that site ...

Why? To increase the signal to noise ratio. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_overload
"Large amounts of currently available information, a high rate of new
information being added, contradictions in available information, a low
signal-to-noise ratio, and inefficient methods for comparing and
processing different kinds of information can all contribute to this
effect."

CL<