Re: gEDA-user: PCB footprint mapping

Phil Taylor wrote:
> Karel Kulhavy <clock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>I suggest also "Finally, a special-purpose website has been created to
>>distribute gEDA symbols and footprints: http://www.gedasymbols.org/, but
>>it currently needs donations." to be deleted from
>>http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:pcb_tips
>
> uhh, why not find out what's happening with that site ...

Right now, the wiki seems to imply that www.gedasymbols.org is a place
where symbols created by users can be retrieved. Actually this is not
possible. This sheds an unfavorable light on the project as a whole. In
fact, when I first looked at geda and got to this dead end, I got the
impression that geda is one of these infamous abandoned open source
projects.

On the other hand, there is http://geda.seul.org/tools/symbols/contrib.html
If I understand Ales correctly, this is currently the way to go to
donate a symbol.

> instead of trying to censor a wiki?

Well, it is not really a wiki. Outsiders like me cannot log in and
change  the content.  I'd be willing to improve the advice for newbies...

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx