Re: gEDA-user: POLL: On politeness

On Feb 24, 2006, at 6:31 PM, Frank wrote:
I was just wondering if you guys think think the emails of Marc Price
are a breach of politeness etiquette and dimishes the quality of this
mailing list? Should this person be removed from the mailing list? I
include his postings below.

Personally, I found that the regulars here to be extremely helpful and
they don't deserve that kind of crap.

I don't know Marc personally, but I strongly suspect it's just a matter of presentation and perception...I don't think the guy actually intends to be crappy.

Many people, especially net-newbies, type into an email composition window without thinking of how things are going to be taken on the other end. Even after communicating via email for 20+ years, I am guilty of this myself sometimes...so I can easily envision a less-net-experienced person (no offense Marc) easily falling into this trap.

Personally, while some of his questions are FAQs, I admire the energy with which he approaches this stuff and I think all of us should do our best to help him out in any way we can. Today, it seems most young people go through their lives caring about nothing but Nintendo, "bling bling", and "reality TV"...and grow up caring about nothing but Bud Light and NASCAR. Seeing someone approaching something like this with such enthusiasm is very refreshing and gives me hope for the future.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL