Re: gEDA-user: PCB & Gschem

On Feb 25, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
SMD & Through hole should be seperated for starters

Another great idea - the libraries could have multiple categories according to which the symbols/footprints would be sorted. For example for footprints:

vendor
type (connector, transistor, etc.)
SMD or TMD?
author
m4 or newlib?

m4 or newlib should be, in my opinion, completely hidden from the user. I believe that good user interface design and preservation of abstraction layers demands that anything not having a DIRECT bearing on the creation of a schematic (or a PCB) not be visible to the user at all.

  Just my US$0.02.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire