Re: gEDA-user: A Suggestion FOR Karel

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 06:52:34PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > I got the impression, that pcb is part of the geda project.
>
> True, but not part of the "gaf" (gschem and friends) source set.  I
> think there's a couple of programs in gEDA that aren't part of the gaf
> module, and have their own web sites and project management.

Do Eagle, Cadence and Protel users have to separately download and
install the schematic part and the PCB part? I guess not. So why do gEDA
users have to? I think this is just an artificially created problem and
should be removed.

I would make PCB be officially part of gEDA and transform the argument
"gschem user can select the backend he wants" into "gEDA user can select
if he wants to export the data for a 3rd party printed circuit board
design program after the schematic design, if he wishes".

CL<