Re: gEDA-user: PCB & Gschem

>    Yes, true.  There's a lot of functionality there, though.  How to
> replace it?

Miscommunication.  We're getting rid of the fact that pcb knows how to
run m4 directly (the whole pcblib.contents/QueryLibrary dichotomy).
You can still use m4 to create the footprints (in fact, Dan mentioned
something to me about this this morning), but it would just create
them as files, which PCB would read.

I suspect the "functionality" of pcblib.contents (assigning values to
components) would best be moved to something like gattrib, or some
future enhancement to pcb to read a separate database mapping devices
and values to footprints.