Re: gEDA-user: PCB & Gschem

Dave McGuire wrote:
On Feb 25, 2006, at 5:48 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

   m4 or newlib should be, in my opinion, completely hidden from the
user.

We're trying to get rid of m4 anyway.

Yes, true. There's a lot of functionality there, though. How to replace it?

With a script which converts it to newlib at compile time. There are quite a number of surface mount footprints in m4 which are quite useable right now. I'm not going to scrap those, but I would like to avoid a runtime m4 dependency.

-Dan