Re: gEDA-user: DRC/rat quirks

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 04:06:34PM -0800, Harry Eaton wrote:
> > which doesn't work for
> > me even with "snap to pad".
>
> That's pretty hard to believe. The connectivity is
> checked by a rigurous intersection test, no particular
> points are required, any touching will do.

Ok, I saw contrary documentation, so I was assuming I was hitting a bug
where nets had to end exactly on a pad.

> Originally it took a fair amount of compute resources
> to trace the connectivity - it still can with very
> large boards so updating the whole rats nest
> automatically was never really considered.

You only need to update the ones for the net that's being routed...

> This sounds like a bug. Send me a test case and I will
> solve it. Do the source and target turn green when you
> start the trace?

No...

> Come to think of it this coupled with your rats nest
> failure above strongly suggests your layers aren't
> assigned the way you think they are.

I think that's it.  I just built from CVS and I notice that I can
repro my problem if I route on the wrong side.  If I route on on the
other side, things are much more sane.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>