Re: gEDA-user: VMPlayer Image

On Friday 16 February 2007 15:18, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> Does that answer your question?  In this case a VMWare image
> could be a useful alternative to a LiveCD, with the benefit
> that you can keep your regular desktop running at the same
> time as the Image, which you can't exactly do with a livecd.

I think I am beginning to understand ..

A Live CD requires no other software.  No operating system other
than the one on the CD.  Hence anyone can run it, but with a
reboot.

I have not tried it, but can't you run a Live CD under VMware,
Xen, Qemu, etc ...   all of them, with the same Live CD?

As to the value of making the VM image ..  I guess if it is a
step toward moving away from PSpice, etc ...  It's good.  It
saddens me to realize we need to resort to a non-free product
to accomplish that.