Re: gEDA-user: Re: I need to open and print a PCB created in ExpressPCB:What are my options?

On 2/16/07, Ales Hvezda <ahvezda@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok. I will keep those things in mind.
>
> p.s. I haven't quite got mailing lists worked out yet, because I've only
> really ever used forums and IRC channels. Is there some way that I can opt
> to receive mail only from threads to which I am subscribed? I know that's
> really a forum thing, so if not, I'll just opt to check the archives every
> so often instead of receiving mail.

Not really, but you could turn on mail list digesting (it's in the
mailman web interface), so that you get only get one message per day.
This one message includes all the traffic for the list for the day.

-Ales

Jeremy is using Gmail, so he can do this: 1) set a filter to catch messages with "gEDA-user" in the subject and archive immediately (bypassing the Inbox). 2) to see threads you have posted in, click "Sent Messages". The unread threads are highlighted. 3) to read the list, do a search for "gEDA-user".

Gmail is excellent for mailing lists.  It's even better than NNTP clients.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
 - fortune cookie