Re: gEDA-user: Why does auto-mirror mirror the bottom?

> The current scheme, if I understand it, works like this:
>
>         mirror | auto-mirror | result
>         -------+-------------+-------------------
>            0   |       0     | as shown on screen
>            1   |       0     | all layers mirrored
>            0   |       1     | as if you were looking at the finished pcb
>            1   |       1     | suitable for toner transfer, transparencies

Yup.

> So what about an option button that covers both bits with those
> descriptions?

I was thinking about this, and thinking about wording:

  None
  All
  Back (as seen)
  Front (photo/tt)

but "back" and "front" would always mirror the assembly and fab
drawings "as seen"

> More advanced would be to produce one set suitable for an entire task.
> For example all 'assembly' drawings would print 'as if you were looking
> at the finished pcb', while copper layers would print 'suitable for toner
> transfer'.  Then you could make and assemble a board from one print set.

Assuming you didn't need inverted coppers for photo negatives, but
non-inverted silkscreen plots.  The fun never ends.