gEDA-user: Re: VMPlayer Image

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:15:54 -0600, Mike Hansen wrote:

> That would be perfect, question is will the gEDA suite run on it?  I have
> minimal Linux knowledge and I cannot answer that question.  Anyone?

Seems like the original DamnSmallLinux is just not enough. It contains no GTK2 libs. But there is a not that
agressively small version called dsl-n. The size of the image is 95MB rather than 55MB of the original. A dsl-n
image for vmplayer is linked from the official vmware site:
http://csclub.winona.edu/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=35&func=selectcat&cat=7
I just downloaded it and installed it in a vmplayer on my linux dektop box. Next, I will try to install geda on
this virtual place. Also, I have to figure out how to slow down my optical mouse in dsl-n.

---<(kaiamrtin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog