Re: gEDA-user: Which are the biggest looking gEDA warts?

Bob Paddock wrote:
Too many keyboard operations require either taking your hand off
the mouse

You could use a Trackpoint keyboard, where the "mouse" is in the
center of the keyboard.    That is my preferred solution to the world
that thinks mice are good things.

or reaching across the keyboard -- important ones should
be focussed on the left hand.

The ideal solution would be to do a GOMS study:

"Goals, Operators, Methods, and Selection rules, "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOMS

Hmmm. I have nearly the same answer to this as the verilog waveform viewer. "mmmmmm cadnetix". They did it Right in terms of minimal movement producing maximal utility. The most common operations were always the absolute easiest.

-Dan