Re: gEDA-user: finding shorts with gschem

>>   I found that Vdd got connected to Vcc sometime during the
>>> schematic entry.  Short of poring over the entire schematic, how can I
>>> find where this happens?
>>
>> You can cut apart nets and rerun gnetlist if you must stay in graphical
>> mode...errr no, there's no higlightin in gschem yet, so you can't stsy
>> in graphical mode.
>>
>> You can just read the netlist and search for your power or ground and
>> see all the nets it is included in.
>>
>> You will quickly come to a jump to another net besides the one with
>> Vdd's that belong.. To tell what belongs is by seeing a few chip power
>> pins in one group -- that becomes your "correct" Vdd.
>
> I think I uncovered a subtle bug.  I replaced Vdd, Vee, and Vcc with +8V,
> -8V, and +5V respectively and the problem disappeared.  I can't seem to
> come up with a simple test case though.

Just a guess.  Take a look through your symbols.  I'll betcha that
somebody decided to make a "heavy" symbol and attached a power net
directly to Vdd in the symbol.

The way to check is to do a "grep -R Vdd *" in the base directory of
your symbols.  Then look to see which symbols (if any) have NET=Vdd or
something like that in them.

Stuart