Re: gEDA-user: Gerbv superposition of layers

Ben -

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 08:27:21PM +0000, Ben Barker wrote:
> I had two gerber files that were almost identical, with a few small
> differences, and I wanted to compare them.

Cute idea.  Works great.

> I loaded them both into the
> viewer, and set each layer to the same colour. However, i think my
> assumptions about the superposition options must be wrong.

I think the results are easier to understand if you use a different
color, but either way is OK.

> I would have assumed that if I selected superposition via AND the
> display would show only those areas where there was graphic on both
> layers - instead the display was entirely black

I can tell you are using a pre-2.0.0 gerbv.  I also observed
rendering problems with it.  It was sensitive to both the graphics
card and the order of redraw.  Once you have an area selected,
try turning all layers off, then on again.

Better still, try gerbv-2.0.0.

    - Larry