Re: gEDA-user: lilbro assembly contractor

Dave N6NZ wrote:

> Single sided, no BGA (well, no inspection or guarantee's on BGA to be
> more precise).  I've exchanged a few e-mails with he guy.  He sounds
> quite interested in getting us the information we would need to create a
> smooth path into his equipment.  His is a no-stencil process -- not sure
> what he needs to drive it -- I'm assuming X/Y/picoliters or such.

I found some of the answers on their site.  Maybe they updated in response to your questions, Dave.
The FAQ page is really 8 pages; a nav bar on the left shows them.

http://lilbro.mosquito.net.nz/faq.html
http://lilbro.mosquito.net.nz/faq_requirements.html

Looks really good.  They talk of putting local fiducial marks near BGA and land grid parts, in other
words, yes, they do them, they just don't test them.  You get your assemblies back in the mail, then see
how the yield is, then tune your layout to get better yield, not yell over the phone.
They don't offer a phone number!  No yelling.  :-)

Sounds like my kind of company!

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX