Re: gEDA-user: gschem, More than one component found with name ...

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 20:06 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Hello,

> stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/gEDA/DAD $ cat gafrc
> (component-library "../gschem-sym")
> (component-library "../imported-symbols")
>
> My symbols with identical names are in "../gschem-sym", and
> it seems that gschem gives my own symbols precedence -- fine.
> I am not sure what other programs like gsch2pcb do. gschem2pcb reports
> nothing about duplicate symbol names.

The tools which matter are gnetlist, gschem, gattrib. These will all use
libgeda, load your gafrc, and will exhibit the same behaviour.

> In the past I have deleted all duplicate files in /usr/share/gEDA. But I
> have do do it again whenever I install a new geda suite. Maybe I should
> rename my own symbols?

There has been talk of moving the provided symbols into different
collections, essentially shipping a very light set, with the existing
collection being broken down into optional packages.

What is wrong with the existing symbols which requires you to make your
own? (Consistent drawing style, errors in the shipped symbols?)

If there are problems with the shipped syms. it would be good to know so
they could possibly be fixed.

> So my question is: Can I ignore the gschem report about duplicate
> symbols (and live with these duplicates)?

I think so, but like you say.. renaming your symbols is another option.

BR

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,