Re: gEDA-user: gschem, More than one component found with name ...

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:15:14 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

>What is wrong with the existing symbols which requires you to make
>your own? (Consistent drawing style, errors in the shipped symbols?)

Most gEDA symbols are fine, I have replaced only a few for my projects:

- some original gEDA symbols has unnecessary visible pin numbers, i.e
batteries (and some other devices)

- some important power/voltage symbols are missing -- was necessary to
make a few, so I make a whole collection.

- a few symbols look not very nice (for me) i.e. transistor.

- I was not happy with in-1.sym, out-1.sym, io-1sym -- can not remember
the reason.

I think, there can always be in rare cases a reason to make a custom
symbol.

I was not aware of name conflicts when I created them -- now I hesitate
to rename my own ones.

I hope both versions can leave together in peace on my hard disk.

Most of my symbols are available at gedasymbols -- all are drawn from
scratch and licensed GPL and unlimited for use.

Regards

Stefan Salewski