Re: gEDA-user: pick and place ?plugin?footprints.c? for

> The second thread is how to make PCB create consistent pick and place
> data so that the auto fitter would not need to do a thing.
>
> One question to little brother is what format should we use?  Is there
> a standard you prefer?  An Excel spread sheet is not one that I'll
> accept.

This is actually a problem in two parts:

1. how to get valid info into pcb, and
2. how to get that info back out of pcb.

The second is easily solved with plug-ins.  We already have a bom+XY
hid ("plug in") that gives you the information; it's just not as
reliable as it could be (the info, not the hid).