Re: gEDA-user: Building the PCB+GL branch [WAS: Re: Open GL survey (for PCB)]

On Feb 6, 2009, at 1:28 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> And for the past 10-15 years or so, the "last mile" of most T1 data
>> circuits have been delivered via a form of DSL, and they typically
>> have no voice support either.
>
> Not mine.  I got all four wires :-)

   On your side of the smartjack, I'm sure you do.  But from that to
your local CO, it's almost definitely a two-wire DSL circuit.  If
it's four wires all the way to the CO, that's pretty unusual, and has
been since probably 1997 or so.

   The smartjack is a box of DSP that has a two-wire DSL circuit on
the telco side and synthesizes a four-wire T1 (for connection to a
standard CSU) on the customer-facing side.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL