Re: gEDA-user: What is the logic in gnetlist/spice-sdb when to add a 'X' prefix to an identifier?

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 1:13 PM, al davis <ad151@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday 08 February 2009, Christoph Lechner wrote:
>> > How can it know?
>>
>> Well, I thought: maybe there's some attribute dedicated to
>> this case ...
>
> The Spice netlister is loaded with special cases, because the
> Spice syntax is loaded with special cases.
>

>> > I recommend that you add the X on the schematic.  Doesn't
>> > the netlister just pass the label through?
>>
>> Not really. If I call the diode XD108, the netlister calls it
>> DXD108.
>
> *&%^(*^Z^^^(^%((%
>
> Like I say .... "This is one of the reasons that those in the
> know are pressuring for a shift away from the Spice format."
>
>> Wouldn't it be a work-around to call the diode U108? I'll try
>> that.
>
> No.  Then you will get DU108.

How about a plugin for gschem. It user would flag parts on a schematic
as using subcircuits. There should be a script to go threw and slap an
X before the refdes name or remove them at will?

http://www.coe.neu.edu/~efoss/
http://evanfoss.googlepages.com/