gEDA-user: Google SoC : Potential Candidate seeking Info

Dear All,

I am Aanjhan doing my Masters in Electronics at EPFL, Lausanne,
Switzerland. A short introduction about me is present in the page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Aanjhan

I am part of the Fedora Electronics Laboratory team and also help in
keeping in sync with the packages in Ubuntu as part of the MOTU
Science team. Having looked into the projects listed for GSoC 2009, I
am interested in the following projects and would like to know the
pre-requisites for taking them up. My skillsets are C, Verilog, VHDL
and bit of Python and Perl. Am open to learn new languages too given
that there is some time for the preparation phase before the proposals
for GSoC needs to be put up.

The projects that am interested in are as follows (not in any specific order):

1. Usability improvements for ngspice/Gnucap - Under gaf
2. More "interesting" integrations with other tools. The new Tcl
interface adds a bunch of possibilities. I know one guy is using it to
allow remote control from emacs through a bridge server. (Under
GTKWAVE - I would like to know if htere are specific "interesting"
integrations as I am not getting the whole picture behind this project
proposal)
3. Porting of missing analysis, (noise, pz, disto, hb, etc.) from
other free simulators (under gnucap)
4. Add uwire (unresolved net) support  - Under Icarus

The above are projects that I liked at first glance. If I have missed
something that the mentors here think it would be interesting for me,
I am open to those ideas too. Awaiting further guidance.

Thanks and Regards,
--
Aanjhan