Re: gEDA-user: Google SoC : Potential Candidate seeking Info

Aanjhan R wrote:

> The projects that am interested in are as follows (not in any specific order):
>
> 1. Usability improvements for ngspice/Gnucap - Under gaf
> 2. More "interesting" integrations with other tools. The new Tcl
> interface adds a bunch of possibilities. I know one guy is using it to
> allow remote control from emacs through a bridge server. (Under
> GTKWAVE - I would like to know if htere are specific "interesting"
> integrations as I am not getting the whole picture behind this project
> proposal)
> 3. Porting of missing analysis, (noise, pz, disto, hb, etc.) from
> other free simulators (under gnucap)
> 4. Add uwire (unresolved net) support  - Under Icarus

The "uwire" support is listed as "moderate" on our Projects page, but
is probably too small for a GSoC project.

Given the apparent bent towards analog in your selection of candidate
projects, might I suggest you take a look at the "gnucap Code Generator"
on the Icarus Verilog projects page? This is something that Al has
been wanting, and also puts to use some of the nascent analog support
in Icarus Verilog proper.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,