Re: gEDA-user: PCB - How To Find A Component?

gene wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
>> PCB has a (IMO mis-)feature, where if you click on a net / pin in the
>> netlist window, it will jump your mouse pointer to the pin location.
.
.
.
So, what if I:
> 1) Go find all Element lines containing the substring "S6/S307"
> 2) Edit the location attribute so that they all get placed in one easy
> to find location.

This sounds good.  Only, I'm not sure how to change the location  easily.
Looking at gsch2pcb would give clues.   Another approach is to look for pcb action commands
that could move parts around based on selection by substring "S6/S307".

Peter probably thought like me at first, "in a mostly completed
layout".

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX