Re: gEDA-user: Interesting board defect

Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 06:09:36PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Yeah, it looks like you violated the "minimum trace width" on the
>> hairline copper traces between the two pads, and they broke off and
>> got glued down by the solder mask.
>
> Yep.  If you have an unpopulated board and a stout bench supply I'd try
> hooking it up and ramping the current limit to try to burn those traces
> off.  I've even managed that on boards where there were already
> components and I could pump enough amps at the target VCC.

That would have been interesting, but the x-acto approach worked fine. I
was even able to use the ohmmeter to narrow down the location - a few
~0.2 ohm delta between the resistance at the short and a few cm away.

Anyway - all fixed now & starting to build up the board. So far so good.

Thanks to all for comments & suggestions.

Eric