Re: gEDA-user: gEDA-dev: Have we to bundle gaf packages?

Am Sonntag, den 22.02.2009, 23:19 -0500 schrieb Dan McMahill:

> I can easily picture someone only using their own symbols.  I'm not sure
> about fonts in gschem.

Indeed, INSTALL text for gschem 1.4.3 lists symbols package as
prerequisite to install gschem. And in geda-symbols-1.4.3.tar.gz
archive there is a fonts/ directory with files named like A.sym.

OK, nearly all users will need schematics symbols for gschem, so it is
no problem that gschem depends on symbols package.

But in my opinion it would make sense to put these font glyphs in the
gschem package, reducing dependencies. Is there any advantage to have
gschem font glyphs in the symbols package? Maybe it is a result from old
days when a package have to fit on a floppy disk?

Best wishes,

Stefan Salewski