Re: gEDA-user: new components

Am Freitag 05 Februar 2010 22.33:25 schrieb Mike Crowe:
> Has anyone been making BGA parts with multiple symbol files?

Yes, apparently ;)

> If so, what do I need to look out for as I go down the development path?

Simply use the same designator for all parts, perhaps such with a special
number.

> Will multiple symbols process as multiple items on the BOM?,  Will the
> netlister correctly pickup the different symbols.  Can Alpha-number
> designators be used at all?

No problems here, I used a part with about ten symbols, but you have to keep
track of the used pins and ref-deses. It is also important, that the splitted
symbols have the same set of attributes (at least the footprint and ref-des),
strange things can happen otherways.

I normaly use a Makefile to generate the symbols out of the ASCII-files. It is
relatively straightforward to generate a big list of the pins, describe them
and then split this list to the logical symbols. All you have to do then is
"make".

--
mit freundlichem Gruss

Christian Riggenbach