Re: gEDA-user: new components

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 15:55 -0800, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 06:11:44PM -0500, research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I'm also creating symbols for an FPGA and a DSP which naturally has alot
> > of pins. I've once heard of using multiple files for the symbols so you
>
> For a really simple example look at http://ad7gd.net/xc9536/ where I
> split the power and IO.
Very interesting.  I am contemplating my first BGA design with gEDA
tools (AT91SAM9G45, Atmel ARM9).  The part is a 18 x18 =324 ball device
with row designators marked as A-V (missing I,O,Q,S,...).  The Pin
designators are labels K16, R2, G7, .. with the Alpha first, followed
with the number.  I tried to put in a pin label like this, but
encountered problems with the online tool at
(http://vivara.net/cgi-bin/djboxsym.cgi).

Has anyone been making BGA parts with multiple symbol files?
If so, what do I need to look out for as I go down the development path?
(Will multiple symbols process as multiple items on the BOM?,  Will the
netlister correctly pickup the different symbols.  Can Alpha-number
designators be used at all?

Thanks in advance
Mike