Re: gEDA-user: Problem With Macports Install

   On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Peter Clifton <[1]pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 07:37 -0800, Chris Maness wrote:
   > On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Peter Clifton <[2]pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
   > wrote:
   >         On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 21:21 -0800, Chris Maness wrote:
   >         > I have installed PCB through Macports.  I am using the
   >         latest version
   >         >    of macports with a fresh ports tree.  I am running OSX
   >         10.5 on an intel
   >         >    macbook.
   >         >    The child windows are unclickable.  The radio buttons
   and
   >         the nested
   >         >    list of library files do not seem to respond to mouse
   >         clicking.  Can
   >         >    someone with a similar set up please confirm this?
   >         >    Please respond directly to:
   >         >    [1][3]chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   >         >    Thanks,
   >         >    Chris Maness
   >
   >         Native or X11 variant of GTK?
   >
   >         The native port of GTK 2.18 and onwards is known to have
   >         problems due to
   >         a lack of "client side windows" support.
   >
   >         Personally, I'd stick to GTK 2.16.x if you want to build
   >         native for
   >         MacOS X or Win32.
   >
   >         Best wishes,
   >
   >         Peter C.
   >
   > Would I just download the source myself and compile?

     For gEDA - perhaps.
     For GTK - I wouldn't, as there are a lot of dependencies to get
     right. I
     don't have a Mac, so can't really advise much here.
     I guess the first thing to find out is what version of GTK you have
     ended up with, and whether it is a native or X11 build.
     PS. I'm not sure the geda-* lists accept CC'd posts. Best to put the
     list as To, and CC anyone else.
     Best wishes,
     Peter C.

   I just need for a few small projects.  I have my macbook set up to dual
   boot winxp, so I will just stick with that for now.  Do you know how to
   find out who the port maintainer for PCB is in macports?  I could
   probably send him an email to let him/her know that there is a problem.
   Thanks,
   Chris Maness