Re: gEDA-user: Problem With Macports Install

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 07:37 -0800, Chris Maness wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>         On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 21:21 -0800, Chris Maness wrote:
>         > I have installed PCB through Macports.  I am using the
>         latest version
>         >    of macports with a fresh ports tree.  I am running OSX
>         10.5 on an intel
>         >    macbook.
>         >    The child windows are unclickable.  The radio buttons and
>         the nested
>         >    list of library files do not seem to respond to mouse
>         clicking.  Can
>         >    someone with a similar set up please confirm this?
>         >    Please respond directly to:
>         >    [1]chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         >    Thanks,
>         >    Chris Maness
>
>         Native or X11 variant of GTK?
>
>         The native port of GTK 2.18 and onwards is known to have
>         problems due to
>         a lack of "client side windows" support.
>
>         Personally, I'd stick to GTK 2.16.x if you want to build
>         native for
>         MacOS X or Win32.
>
>         Best wishes,
>
>         Peter C.
>
> Would I just download the source myself and compile?

For gEDA - perhaps.

For GTK - I wouldn't, as there are a lot of dependencies to get right. I
don't have a Mac, so can't really advise much here.

I guess the first thing to find out is what version of GTK you have
ended up with, and whether it is a native or X11 build.

PS. I'm not sure the geda-* lists accept CC'd posts. Best to put the
list as To, and CC anyone else.

Best wishes,

Peter C.