Re: gEDA-user: OT: Latex

On Feb 7, 2010, at 3:38 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:

Lyx has its own file format, but it can export to various flavours of
LaTeX (IE.. code for plain latex, pdflatex).

Similarly, "File->Export->PDF (pdflatex)" is all you need to produce a
document - not sure if it can be driven via the command line or not.

What if the hand is 10,000 km from the mouse? What if the "user" is a script? This is why I'm so skeptical of "integrated" GUI environments: they get in the way of automated flow.

LaTeX works so well in an automated flow with things like gEDA: why don't the LyX developers get this? It *should* be so easy. But this is completely normal: developers of specialized GUI tools *almost always* lose sight of the bigger picture. I plead that this not happen to gEDA.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx