Re: gEDA-user: OT: Latex

On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:39:36 -0700, John Doty wrote:

> What if the hand is 10,000 km from the mouse? What if the "user" is a
> script?

see the FAQ:
/-----------------------
How do I convert LyX files to LaTeX from the command line?
  Simply say
  lyx --export latex <yourfile>.lyx
\------------------------

> This is why I'm so skeptical of "integrated" GUI environments:
> they get in the way of automated flow.

your attitude is not skeptical but plain hostile.

> LaTeX works so well in an automated flow with things like gEDA: why
> don't the LyX developers get this?

they do.

> It *should* be so easy.

it is.

> But this is completely normal: developers of specialized GUI tools
> *almost always* lose sight of the bigger picture.

you bark to the wrong tree.

> I plead that this not happen to gEDA.

I plead to deal with GUI/backend issues like they do in lyx.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: