Re: gEDA-user: OT: Latex

Seems most people use LaTex in one way or another. I discovered
asciidoc a while ago and found that it creates nice documentation,
too. It is kind of a markup language on top of docbook-xml, and
creates nice pdf through dblatex, or online documentation in xhtml. If
a customer would ask for a Word document, I could theoretically use
the roundtrip docbook templates and feed him one just out of the
existing asciidoc markup. With the filter function in asciidoc I can
have inline data processed by an external program to create a graphic
to be placed instead of the inline data. I am just at the beginning of
exploring this tool and its possibilities, but it has been around for
a while and is used and developed actively.

This tool can also generate .man files as a little hint to geda
documenters :-) It is just an apt-get install asciidoc away.

--
Svenn