gEDA-user: Translations for gEDA 1.6.1....

Hi guys,

In preparation for the gEDA 1.6.1, I've been trying to sort out our
translations. I've imported all translations from Launchpad, and have
been reviewing places where untranslated strings were visible in gschem.

Unfortunately, we've got a lot of broken menu translations - due to
incorrect strings in rcstrings.c. (Mostly my fault probably!)

Mostly this was due to adding "_Accelerators" to the menu text, but not
updating rcstrings.c

This means that almost every language for 1.6.1 has translations which
should be updated. I didn't simply "un-fuzzy" the old menu strings, as
this would mean:

1) That translated menus don't have accelerators
2) The translators would probably never notice the bad strings.

It might require some thought (and a native speaker) to work out a
decent set of accelerators for each language.

For the "es", "nl", "de" languages (en_GB is already fixed), can I ask
the translators to fix this (if they have time) directly in git please?

For now.. when checking translations into git, can you make them based
upon, and committed to, the "stable-1.6" branch. (Contact me if you need
help doing that).

For those who've contributed translations on Launchpad, please update
them there (stable-1.6 series). I'm keeping the templates synced at the
moment.

What I don't want is getting muddled between languages primarily
translated directly in git, and those primarily translated in Launchpad.

gEDA is now translated (at least partially) to:

af  ar  bg  de  en_GB
es  fa  fr  he  pt_BR
hu  it  ja  ml  zh_CN
nl  pl  pt  ru  zh_TW
tr

To all those people who's native language is not English - please help
us by visiting:

https://translations.launchpad.net/geda/stable-1.6/

And ensuring that gEDA 1.6.x gets fully translated into your language.

(I don't promise when 1.6.1 will be released - hopefully soon - but we
can always release a 1.6.2 with more translation updates!)

Best wishes,

Peter C.