Re: gEDA-user: why separate xgsch2pcb?

On 10 February 2010 19:17, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With the new PCB import code, there's no more netlist file :-O
>
> The flow is *.sch -> *.pcb directly now, although pcb could watch for
> *.sch changes just as easily (i.e. not at all yet) as *.net.

I was just looking though the menues of my 20091103 version of pcb-gtk
and could not find an import item, so I guess this is leading edge. I
don't have schematics in gschem .sch so I wonder if other formats like
plain text component and netlist files are/will be supported in order
to get pcb filled with components and connections and then go on from
there? What I have seen so far is converters that spit out a .pcb file
with layers and widths and all that stuff
hardcoded.

--
Svenn