Re: gEDA-user: why separate xgsch2pcb?

On 12 Feb 2010 00:27:02 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Vanessa Ezekowitz <vanessaezekowitz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > <unnamed port>:1:1: Unbound variable: pcbfwd
>
> This means that the gnet-pcbfwd.scm file does not contain the (pcbfwd
> ...)  function.  In the buggy version, it still had (pcblf ...)  so
> check and make sure you have the latest git version (should have
> pcbfwd throughout) and not the previous version (should have pcblf
> throughout), and that the latest version is the one gnetlist is
> running.

There are no mentions of "pcblf" in the file as it exists over here.. for that matter, a quick grep seems to indicate that this string doesn't exist in any file in my copy.

Still, just to be sure I'm starting with a clean slate, I took the following steps (some of which I'd normally skip in subsequent builds):

(go root)

make uninstall
make clean
git pull

[Git indicates that my copy is up to date]

./autogen.sh
./configure --disable-doc
make
make install

(Change focus to a non-root terminal)
(Start PCB without any arguments)
(Close the Library window)
(Move the Log window out of the way)

Edit -> Edit Name of.. -> Layout -> test
File -> Save As -> test.pcb
File -> Import Schematic

[Error messages happen here]

(Close PCB gracefully and whine and complain here in the mailing list ;-) )

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."