Re: gEDA-user: why separate xgsch2pcb?

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 01:55:47 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I still think you're finding an old copy of that file somewhere.

Actually, it looks like it's very much the opposite:

> --prefix is the same for both pcb and geda?

Actually, no.  Since GEDA is from Gentoo's repository, got put into /usr/bin.
PCB got put into /usr/local/bin by default (I don't change prefix settings,
too afraid of breaking something :-) ).

There are quite a few .scm files of various names related to gEDA, all of which are
in /usr/share/gEDA.  There are also a large number of apparently unrelated
files elsewhere on my system (gimp, guile, swig, portage) but I find only only
one file anywhere under /usr containing the string "pcbfwd":

/usr/local/share/gEDA/scheme/gnet-pcbfwd.scm

That I assume is the file that was installed with PCB.  Looking at the log
output from strace, however, it looks like PCB is trying to load that file
from /usr/share/gEDA/scheme/  instead, and returning empty handed.

A symlink would probably solve this, but that feels a little kludgy.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."