Re: gEDA-user: FIRST robotics...

   I am also mentoring a FIRST Robotics team. We have already had one
   session on trying to learn gEDA/PCB and have them etch their own boards
   using the PCB-in-a-box kit. But since most are running Windoze or MAC,
   most of the time went to just configuring a KNOPPIX live CD loaded with
   gEDA. I am hoping to resume the training once we ship, and have them
   teach others during the Arizona Regionals. I also want to have a simple
   kit for them to do a manual servo/Victor controller that they can use
   next year to test servo and motor drive parts without having the whole
   robot powered up or the main software running. I am planning on using
   an ATTiny24 to read 2 1-turn pots and an analog joystick to generate 4
   PWM outputs. Do you have LEDs for both directions on every channel?
   That would push the pin out to 16, and require the next larger ATTiny,
   or maybe even an ATMega to handle that many LEDs, along with 4 analog
   inputs and 4 PWM outputs.
   Mike