Re: gEDA-user: Schematic import (was "why separate xgsch2pcb?")

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:26:19 +0000
Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PCB_GNETLIST="gnetlist"

Setting this variable (I used the full path) gets the import function working and gets me back to the point I was at in the other thread:

I have PCB configured to look in ~/GEDA/www/user/vanessa_ezekowitz/footprints/  (by way of a symlink, for readability), and the Library dialog lets me pick and place them as desired, but the Schematic Import function can't find them when they're called for in the schematic.  The connections to/from those components seem to be present in the generated netlist, though.

Two example schematics:

http://starbase.globalpc.net/~ezekowitz/vanessa/hobbies/projects/Stereo-SID-0.1.1.sch
http://starbase.globalpc.net/~ezekowitz/vanessa/hobbies/projects/powersid-0.2.3.sch

(if any of the symbols come up missing, they're in my gedasymbols.org repository.. I'm still getting used to embedding my symbols)

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."