Re: gEDA-user: Eagle to gEDA conversion path??

On Feb 22, 2010, at 10:29 PM, timecop wrote:

> ulp is eagle script file.
Ahhh....

> i assumed if you wanted to convert something, you'd have eagle running.
Just barely, and just recently.  And not for much total time yet.

> im pretty sure ulp can access to library data as well, so something to
> output ascii can be easily written.
Well, diptrace must have the same problem.  You either need to map from one library to the other, or export enough of the library that you can import into the new library the required symbols.

> diptrace is payware pcbcad, but freely downloadable version also
> includes these 2 conversion scripts. (Eagle_to_DipTrace_SCH.ulp and
> Eagle_to_DipTrace_PCB.ulp).
Ahhhh^2....

> since eagle .sch/.pcb format isnt documented and no external libs
> available to read it (as far as i know), the only way to export
> anything is write/use a script run inside eagle.
That makes a lot of sense, even when the file format *is* well documented.  The question is then, how much munging does it take to transmute diptrace ascii exchange format into gEDA stuff.

-dave