Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org down

Christoph Lechner wrote:

I don't know what infrastructure is required for the gedasymbols web
site to work.

But I'll assume you run a MySQL database and you need some data volume
mounted as well.

Remote replication/high availability is quite hard to setup, because
it's so easy to get a what HA guys call a split brain situation: The
data on both nodes begins do diverge.

I think in this case, it's OK to not do CVS updates when DJ is offline,
thus skipping the split brain problem.
All I'd like to know is how to get decent speed of the mirror when the master
is offline.

The mirror is already in a datacenter with UPS etc.

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX