Re: gEDA-user: Soldering iron tip turns black

Some tips about tips.

Remember to always store your iron tips with a ball of solder on them,
 this helps prevent the tip from corroding in storage.

Don't wipe the tip before putting it back in the holder, your wipes on
the moist sponge should be when you take the tip out of the holder.

Again the molten solder on the tip helps keep the tip from oxidizing while hot.

Steve