gEDA-user: pcb GTK tear-off menus don't respond to mouse clicks

Has anyone else noticed that the items in pcb's tearoff menus don't
respond to mouse clicks anymore?

When I click an item in a torn off menu, it becomes selected (has a
dark background) but no action is taken.  I can then press the up or
down arrow keys to move the selection up and down the menu, and press
the space key to activate an item.

This is in the gtk HID, on Ubuntu 10.04 (gtk+ 2.20), with pcb current
git HEAD although I have noticed it has been broken for some time.

Regards,
Colin