Re: gEDA-user: pcb GTK tear-off menus don't respond to mouse clicks

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 14:03 -0800, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that the items in pcb's tearoff menus don't
> respond to mouse clicks anymore?
>
> When I click an item in a torn off menu, it becomes selected (has a
> dark background) but no action is taken.  I can then press the up or
> down arrow keys to move the selection up and down the menu, and press
> the space key to activate an item.
>
> This is in the gtk HID, on Ubuntu 10.04 (gtk+ 2.20), with pcb current
> git HEAD although I have noticed it has been broken for some time.

Strange - it could be a GTK bug, as it is well known the GTK developers
don't like the tear-off menu feature. I believe it is (or was intended
to be) removed in GTK 3.0.

I can reproduce the bug, but only for the torn-off menus themselves.
sub-menus of a torn off menu work correctly.

Can anyone reproduce with a different application which uses tear off
menus?

Can anyone confirm PCB works with some old version of GTK? If it is GTK
at fault, we need to isolate the version where it stopped working.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,