Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

On Feb 25, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Cyril Hrubis wrote:

> Hi!
>> (I've never seen a mobius flexboard design, but I bet someone has done
>> it.)
>
> Well, sure they did:
>
> http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/mobiuscircuit
>
> But apart from being the "cool guy with mobius strip", it's IMHO not
> usable.

Cool ideas often turn out to be unexpectedly practical. The laser started out as one such.

Electric motor designers have written about spherical induction motors (and occasionally built them) for over a century, but it has been pretty much an unusable concept. However, I just started work this week on a NASA contract to develop this technology as a spacecraft attitude control device. You never know what application an idea might find.

One of my favorite software tools is AWK. Its power comes from the fact that its designers put in the *capabilities* to serve its use case, but avoided any unnecessary specialization to its use case. Data mining of telephone switch logs has thus been only a minor use.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx