Re: gEDA-user: Advanced grids in GTK Pcb

Am 28.02.2011 17:24, schrieb Kai-Martin Knaak:
Felix Ruoff wrote:
Ctrl+- and Ctr++ are the suggested accelerators for this action by the
GNOME Hid-guidelines
With the vast majority of gnome applications zoom is rarely used,
or not at all. Scroll is much more common. It pays in terms of usability
to have the most common actions accessible with as little hassle as
possible. That's why binding the wheel without modifier to vertical scroll
makes sense in the context of Gnome HID.

By contrast, zoom is one of the most common GUI actions in gschem and pcb.
There is a down side to the bindings suggested by the Gnome HID: You
always need both hands to navigate the layout or circuit. IMHO, this
downside outweighs the benefit of bindings compatible to other
applications.

BTW, Peter Clifton has this defined in his localized branch of pcb+gl.

---<)kaimartin(>---
I am sorry, but I don't know what you mean with your answer. (This might be caused by my poor english...)

I like the current behaviour using the wheel for zooming in and out. What I tried to suggest is adding the accelerators Ctrl and the Plus/minus - Keys for this. The behaviour of the scroll wheel can stay at it is for me.