Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Suite CD - round 2

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:32:47 -0500, M. P. Dickens <mpdickens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Question: Once a user installs geda using the iso distribution
> how are upgrades / bug fixes going to be handled between releases?

This is one of the advantages of Knoppix-- you still have the Debian
infrastructure, so if you do decide to install to a hard drive, you
can do 'aptitude update' and get the latest .debs.

On the other hand, if you are just remastering the run-from-CD image,
you can load it, update it, and burn it. Same deal, slightly different
execution.

There is a half-finished gEDA+Knoppix CD image sitting on my computer
at home. I will test it sometime this coming week.

--
- Charles Lepple