Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Suite CD - round 2

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 17:05:28 -0800 (PST), Alvin Oga
<alvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi ya charles
>
> > This is one of the advantages of Knoppix-- you still have the Debian
> > infrastructure, so if you do decide to install to a hard drive, you
> > can do 'aptitude update' and get the latest .debs.
>
> not really an advantage, as one can do "one line updates" with
> just about any distro ...

I don't want to start another holy war, but Knoppix combines both the
live-CD aspect *and* the underlying upgradable distro, and not many
non-Debian/Knoppix distros can claim both.

<insert stream of Gentoo/SuSE/${RANDOM}ix live-CD advocacy here>

What I care about is the ability to update packages without breaking
the hardware detection. If you can do that with another distro-- fine.
"Show me the money."

> - btw .. latest (freeware) eagle seem to suck the big one, thru holes
>   seem to be messed up for some components

eagle.offtopic++

I still can't find the source code to eagle. Am I missing something?

--
- Charles Lepple