Re: gEDA-user: PCB suggestion

On Thursday 13 January 2005 00:55, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Motif also is not GPLed, someone will complain about this.
>
> So use Lesstif instead.  I don't know why people keep ignoring the
> fact that "Motif" is a style (as well as an implementation), and
> "Lesstif" is a GPL implementation of that style.

How about OpenMotif at www.openmotif.org? it is not GPL but OGPL (Open
Group Public License)

Cadence and Mentor Graphics are both Motif tools, even if they try to
get away from it. No serious designer would turn down a good tool
just because of the GUI toolkit. I would not change a GUI just to
change. There must be some other technical reason behind. I think PCB
would be ported to Tcl/Tk because it would then fit into the xcircuit
and magic applications that Tim is maintaining, and that they can
exchange data on an API level some day.
--
Svenn